Pupils are required to have a an Education, Health and Care Plan to be able to come to St Nicholas. All admissions have to go through the Special Needs Department of the Local Authority. We understand the decision to send your child to a Special School can be a difficult one to make and would like to support parents as much as possible.
We accept new applications and assess them in line with our admissions criteria. The admissions criteria include the following:
- Children in the care of a local authority or with accommodation provided by that authority as defined by Section 22 of the Children Act 1989.
- Children with a sibling (half, step or adoptive brother or sister living in the same family unit) who will be attending St. Nicholas School at the time of their admission.
- Children who are enrolled at St. Nicholas’s School, at the time of application.
- Children that live within St. Nicholas School’s designated area.
- Children that do not live within St. Nicholas School’s designated area.
To help you with the process we recommend that you:
- Make contact with St. Nicholas to arrange a visit and to discuss your child’s needs:
(01702) 462322 or complete the contacts page on this website.
- Discuss the possibility of a change of school with your child’s current SENCO or Headteacher or at an Annual Review.
For the Southend Local Authority’s admissions page please click on the icon below.