- Parents/Carers of pupils are invited to the school to discuss their child’s progress and achievements as part of the Education, Health Care Plan (Annual Review) meeting on an annual basis to ensure their needs are being met at St. Nicholas School.
- Education, Health Care Plan meetings are organised by the Local Authority and are held at the school. (Please note these meetings will replace the existing Annual Review of the Statement of SEN). Relevant educational, health and care professionals and parents/carers are invited to discuss the progress and needs of the child using a person-centred approach.
- Where still applicable, the Annual Review of the Statement of Special Educational Needs is organised by the school. Relevant professional and parents/carers are invited to attend to discuss the progress and needs of the child.
- Parents are also invited to attend Parents Evening twice a year to discuss their child’s Individual Support Plan (ISP) achievements and aspirations for the future.
- Ad hoc parental conversations and meetings are held to discuss issues and concerns.
We appreciate the efforts made by parents to attend planned reviews and consultations and the ongoing support they provide for their child’s education. Where parents find it difficult to attend meetings, staff will endeavour to consult with them to ensure their views are heard and considered.